- Childrens Chess 8th April Apr 08, 2017 from 12:30 PM to 05:00 PM — Methodist College, Belfast,
- The series of Childrens Chess events continues. An afternoon of brilliant chess. Have fun playing in a chess tournament , with a chess puzzle competition and informal coaching all young chess players welcome - register on day.
- NICS Lackadaisical #3 2017 Apr 09, 2017 from 01:00 PM to 05:30 PM — NICS Maynard Sinclair Pavilion, Stormont,
- The third in the series of NICS rapidplays contributing to the Alan Burns Grand Prix. Enjoy Sunday Lunch followed by entertaining chess.
- DOUBLE SIMUL MATCH: BANGOR V BELFAST Apr 20, 2017 from 08:00 PM to 10:45 PM — Bangor Chess Club, Groomsport Parish Hall, Groomsport, County Down,
- A Match between Bangor and Belfast.... David Houston v Bangor (10) players Michael Sheerin v Belfast (10) players
- Belfast Rapidplay Championships - April 28th Apr 28, 2017 from 06:45 PM to 10:45 PM — Good Shepherd Centre, 511 Ormeau Rd, Belfast BT7 3GS.,
- Belfast Rapidplay Championship, Good Shepherd Centre, Friday 28th April. 5 Rounds, 20mins per player.
- NICS Intense #4 2017 Apr 30, 2017 from 01:00 PM to 05:30 PM — NICS,Maynard Sinclair Pavilion, Stormont,
- The fourth and final in the this season's series of NICS rapidplays contributing to the Alan Burns Grand Prix. Enjoy Sunday Lunch followed by intense, entertaining chess - as many rounds as we can fit in. This one will conclude the Alan Burns Grand-Prix for 2016/17 - the winner will be rewarded on the day.
- City of Belfast Championships 2017 from May 06, 2017 09:30 AM to May 07, 2017 09:00 PM — Queen's University Belfast, Students' Union Snack Bar,
- The 2017 City of Belfast will be held over weekend 6th 7th May at Queens University.