Rules and Regulations governing official UCU Competitions and Tournaments
- Belfast and District League
- The Belfast and District League has been running since 1893 when chess clubs in around Belfast first competed amongst themselves. Winners of the Senior league (Division 1) are presented with the "Ulster Trophy" at the UCU AGM. The Ulster Trophy is better known as the "Silver King", the original trophy presented by the Belfast Chess Club at the end of that very first league competition in 1894.
- Rapidplay Tournaments
- One-day tournaments where the maximum match length is less than 30 minutes
- Standard-play Tournaments
- Tournaments spanning two or more days where the maximum match length exceeds 3 hours